Pages

November 3, 2010

My Little Bro-Day #3 of Thanksgiving

Posted by Picasa This crazy-haired, mustachioed guy is my baby brother.  He won't ever let me get a decent picture of him.  Soon as he sees my camera aimed at him,
he makes a goofy face.
Like he did here.
[little stinker]

From my sisterly perspective,
 and having a lifetime of personal observations to back me up,
the truth is,
he is a BIG STINKER!
That's what all big sisters think about little brothers.
RIGHT?

But all his
STINKINESS aside,
I am so thankful that he's my brother!

You see,
the truth is,
 my little bro has some wonderful qualities.
A biggie in my book is that he comes to visit us.
For at least 10 of the last 15 years, he has come from SoCal
to the Beautiful Pacific Northwest to celebrate Christmas.

And this summer,
he brought Mom from SoCal in June just 'cuz he knew I been
a-hankerin'
to make him a birthday cake.


He needed to show the nieces and nephews a thing or 2 
about ladder golf, too.
And then, in August, he came again
just 'cuz he knew we'd put him up at
B&K's B&B.
[AKA our guest bedroom]
Yup, that bed was mighty comfy after he rode his motorcycle
all over God's green earth
[the lovely countryside near our home]

all day, every day for 2 weeks.

'Course it didn't hurt that we kept a cold one in the fridge
and enjoyed homemade suppers-almost-every night.

Well, also, he made sure my car got fixed up and painted good and proper
after a little old lady backed into me.

And someone had to visit the local winery for a picnic with us.
Might as well be him!
Then there was the day he helped my dear husband fix the broken window panes in the garage door,
And took a field trip to the nursery with me to get some
organic "get rid of the aphids" type stuff.
Then he took it upon himself to kill said aphids with said stuff.

My little bro and I have been
the keepers of one another's secrets over the years, too.
TRUST
is part of our relationship.
And I'm so grateful for that!
So, little bro, please come back soon!
I love your visits and your cheerful, helpful way.
Actually, you're not such a big stinker.

Truth is,
I love you!

A friend loves at all times and
a brother is born for adversity.
Proverbs 17:17

If you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you,
leave your gift there in front of the altar.
First go and be reconciled to your brother;
then come and offer your gift.
Matthew 5:23-24

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;
and to godliness, brotherly kindness;
and to brotherly kindness, love.
2 Peter 1:5-7

Grace, mercy, and peace to you friends!
Love, Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...