Pages

August 9, 2011

Sonja at 7 weeks

Click to play this Smilebox collage


A couple of weeks ago, my son and DIL invited their Facebook friends to a s'mores and bonfire party that night in their backyard.  Trouble is, their backyard is nearly 3 hours away.  I called 'em and asked if I could come up to enjoy their party and stay overnight, too.  They agreed and all I had to do was kiss my Dear Husband bye-bye, gas up the car, and get on the road.   Well, that, and call Daughter #2 to see if I could visit my granddaughter.  They live about 20 minutes from our son and DIL.
I got to see her (and her Mommy and Daddy) for dinner, which was a delicious Vegetable Gratin.  [Add garlic, but don't add the 1/2 water called for.]  A lot of things have changed since I was a new parent.  But one thing has NOT.  Babies have the uncanny ability to know when dinner is hot and ready to be served.  That's when they, too, get hunger pangs.  So I got to feed her a bottle while the kids ate.  It was my first time doing that.  Oh, those precious sucking sounds!  And how she burped so cutely!  And was so sweetly satisfied!  We all boogied over to the party, feasted on s'mores and fellowshiped with some real friendly folks.  And the weather was just cool enough to enjoy the fire in the new portable fireplace.

Here's my granddaughter at 7 weeks.  When you click on the arrow of the collage, a new window will open.  To enlarge the pictures, click on them.
Children's children are a crown to the aged,
and parents are the pride of their children.
Proverbs 17:6
Oh, Lord thank you for our precious Sonja!  And I pray that we, her grandparents and her parents, will walk faithfully with You and teach her of Your love and grace by the example of our lives and the words of our mouths.  Amen. 

Not yet ready to claim to be aged, are you?  But one day I hope to be, so I can see Sonja grow to be a woman after God's heart.

God bless your week with His grace, mercy, and peace.
Love,
You can make your own collage or slide show by going here.  Turn off your speakers if you don't want to hear the music that begins when you open the page. 
Linking with:
Darlene at Time-Warp Wife

Internet Cafe for Word-Filled Wednesday

13 comments:

Shawn said...

Karen,
She is a beautiful gift from God. Thank you for posting the pictures because nothing is better after a hard day at work, to come home and see the pictures of this precious baby. Enjoy Grandma!

mmmmmmm S'mores! Love them!

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

That's lovely! Thank you so much for sharing this. She's beautiful. : )

Alida Sharp said...

What a precious blessing!!

Unknown said...

This is so sweet! Thanks for sharing. Love da babies! :)

Carmella said...

Oh my goodness...your little grand daughter is so beautiful! I am so happy for you that you got to spend some time with your family!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

By far at the top of any list of any simple pleasures...a baby, and then a grand baby...so sweet, enjoy, enjoy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sounds like a sweet and wonderful get together. Sonya is a precious little angel. Enjoy! Have a great rest of the week. Tammy

Jerralea said...

Holding a baby is one of the sweetest simple pleasures I know!

Love the collage of pictures, especially the one in the upper left hand corner - Sonja's eyes show up so well with that pretty pink hat.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

she's beautiful Karen. I'm glad you got to stay over and have more time to enjoy her.

The Davidson Den said...

"a crown to the aged." Oh, how lovely is that?!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

What a precious baby girl. I'm a little jealous of the grandma thing.

Patricia said...

What a lovely blessing it must be to become a grandmother - I can't wait!
Beautiful and precious little girl :-)
bless you..Trish

Anonymous said...

A crown to the age. I loved that scripture quote. She is a beautiful gift from God. All Grandma's and Popa's
are so blessed to have Grandchildren. We sure are.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...