Pages

June 15, 2011

An Announcement...

of almost Biblical proportions!  
To us, anyway.
So without further ado, may I present:

Our granddaughter 
fresh from God on May 24th at 5:05 a.m. 
7lbs. 4oz., 18 3/4"
10 fingers.  10 toes.
Blue eyes, fine hair with hints of blond and copper.
Welcome to the world, little angel!
14 hours old
Here's the blow by blow:
May 23rd, 9:00 p.m.-9:30 p.m.  Talking on the phone with D#2
Her:  "Been feeling something, contractions, I think, about every 1/2 hour since late this afternoon."
Me *trying to sound supportive, not anxious*: 
"You know your body.  You'll know if it's labor. 
Perhaps you could call your midwife to see if it is 'something'."
Her:  "Oh, I'll just see if they continue."
Me:  "Have you been timing them?"
Her: "Sort of..."
Me:  "Maybe you and [SIL] could start recording the times."
Her, sounding a little anxious and hopeful:
"Oh, we'll just see what happens."
11:30 p.m.-Phone call saying she's definitely in labor!

May 24th, 1:15 a.m.-Dear Husband and I are awakened out of a sound sleep
by a text saying "We're on our way to the hospital!"
6:15 a.m.- I'd just exited the shower.  My cell rings.
I run with it to the living room where Dear Husband is still reading the paper.
SIL says we have a
granddaughter!
She and Mommy are doing well.
My baby has a baby.
Selah.  Pause and calmly think of that, Karen.


DH and I headed to work for a few hours.  Then we drove up to meet her.
I keep telling myself:  This brand-new little girl is my granddaughter...
and his, too...
and now my Mom is a Great-Grandma!

4 Generations
Still can't believe what a miracle you are!
10 days old.  Wearing an outfit I got her.
Glamorous pink bow, a gift from her other Grandma.

Thank You, Lord, for this precious gift straight from Your loving hands and heart!
I will praise and give thanks to You, O Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing praises to You among the nations.
Psalm 57:9 Amplified
I know that several of you dear blogger friends have been 
checking up here for this.
Cate, Joyfull, Mary, Jo-anne "Blossy," Heidi, and Donna hope this was worth waiting for.
Thanks for sharing this joy with our family!
God bless you all.
Love,

Linking with
Time-Warp Wife for
Internet Cafe for
Iris @ Grace Alone for
Charlotte and Ginger @ Spiritual Sundays

27 comments:

Joyfull said...

I absolutely loved reading all the details! She is a gorgeous little gift from God and we are rejoicing with you. Loved, loved, loved the pictures!! Many blessings to the entire family.

Zoe Godsey said...

Hooray for you all!

That Portland Guy said...

Congratulations Grandma! What a beautiful little bundle of joy!
Many many blessings to you and your family. :)

Katy said...

Ooops that was not supposed to be from my husband,but from me, Katy B. :)

Shawn said...

Congratulations Grandma! She is adorable and I love the background you put on the blog. Pretty in Pink!

jamfiescreations1 said...

Your granddaughter is just adorable. What a blessing.

jamfiescreations1 said...

Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment.

Blessings, Mary O

Whidbey Woman said...

Hi. I came over from Thankful Thursday. I absolutely love this post... such joy on all your faces. She is beautiful. Congratulations!

mama hall said...

congratulations! what a sweet little face she has. my favorite is the 4 generations photo - i can see the love in the room! (visiting from Word Filled Wednesday @ ICD)

Cindy said...

Congrats and what a precious little thing she is. Thanks for sharing her with us today. Truly a blessing to be grateful for.

Kelli said...

Congrats Karen, I mean "Ya-Ya!" Thats what my girls call their grandma! Love it! :)God's most precious blessing!

debi9kids said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful new blessing!

Patti Hanan said...

God's most precious blessing is a child. Congratulations. Your new granddaughter is gorgeous!

Misty said...

Congrats on your newest addition! She is beautiful!

Blessings,
Misty

Gloria said...

Oooooooh, now am crying tears of JOY for you all. Thanks for the post, the story, the 'Selah' and reminders of what a precious gift a new little baby is. Grace is beautiful and I am so happy for all of you. Your pix on this blog are wonderful. God bless all of you! Lots of love from your Florida cousins!!!

The Davidson Den said...

Aww, she's so pretty! Congratulations!! Just stopped by from WFW. :)

Julie said...

She is beautiful. CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOW, to be a grandma. No hurries here but one day would be cool.
I love this post. LOVE the pictures. Thank you for sharing.
Take care and have a blessed weekend.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

love how you wrote this and how you announced her arrival. She's beautiful.....in Jewish we say....Matzel tov... congrats...

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

Woohoo! Congratulations to you. She's beautiful. May God bless her and keep her all the days of her life.

LV said...

Thank you for sharing such special moments with us. That baby is precious and all the family has on a happy face.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Welcome to the grandma club! What a sweet~~sweet baby girl.
God Bless,
Ginger

Jenny's Heart said...

What a beautiful Blessing!

Pamela said...

Such a tiny thing to commander such love! So beautiful and already blessed by God.

Joufully,
Pamela

Charlotte said...

Congratulations. What a beautiful baby. The photos are great and love the look of your blog to welcome and announce her.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What a darling...and bless to both of you.♥

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday. I am so glad you joined us, and I hope you will continue.

You now have the very best pink in the whole wide world. She is a beauty, and I know she will be a treasure and blessing.

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said...

Congrats.. and what a beauty. Have been praying for this amazing gift.. and now praying that you all enjoy .

Grandma looks good on you!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...