Pages

November 5, 2010

They actually pay me to do this!-Day #5 of Thanksgiving

I love my job!
I've been doing it nearly 11 years and-most days-I can't believe they actually PAY me to do it!
I don't dread any day of my work week like some folks dread Mondays, for instance.
I get to work with some of the most interesting people I've ever known.
I get to smile, almost non-stop, all day.

Within certain parameters, I get to decide what I will do with my cookies & buddies.
I get to play roll & move games, bingo, and card games.
I get to read aloud to and with audiences that appreciate it and whose lives are enriched.
I get to hear personal stories, happy and sad.
I get to celebrate birthdays and holidays.
I get to enjoy the passing of time while watching people grow in knowledge and maturity.
I get to grow in knowledge and maturity.

I get to see their eyes light up when they "get it."
That's what gets me up in the morning!  

In case you haven't guessed yet, I am a teacher. 
I work as a Speech Language Pathologist Assistant in several local elementary schools.
I teach children how to say their sounds and use language to express themselves.
I don't have all of the "letters" behind my name,
so I'm supervised by Speech Language Pathologists.
Through the years, they've been great mentors,
always willing to help me learn new skills.

I believe God made this job just for me.
He knew I needed to learn better people skills
He wanted to bless me with a challenging, fun job
in which I can bless others
by being the hands, feet, and mouthpiece of Jesus.
He brings friendly, inspiring children and adults across my path every day.
He knew this season, with its financial challenges, was coming,
so He made sure I'm paid well and have health insurance.

God gave me the desire of my heart
and I didn't even know it when I accepted the job.
He gave me a new purpose, a new way to serve Him, when my kids left home.
I never dreamed I would love it.

Thank You, Lord, for providing my job!
By Your grace I will continue to work at it with all my heart!

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, 
as working for the Lord, not men, 
since you know that you will receive an inheritance 
from the Lord as a reward.  
It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Colossians 3:23-24

Are not 5 sparrows sold for 2 pennies?  
Yet not 1 of them is forgotten by God.
Indeed the very hairs on your head are all numbered.
Don't be afraid; 
you are worth more than many sparrows.
Luke 12:6-7

For we are God's fellow workers; 
you are God's field, God's building.
1 Corinthians 3:9

Delight yourself in the Lord 
and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

Do you feel like your job has meaning and purpose?
Do you feel like you're serving God each day?
If not, ask Him to give you the desire of your heart.
If you do, thank Him!

Grace to you, dear ones!
Love, Karen
Me and 3 of my "buddies"
May God give you the desires of your heart!
Love, Karen

Linking up with Cooperating4Boys' blog hop.
Join us and meet some new friends!
<script src="http://www.linkytools.com/basic_linky_include.aspx?id=56036" type="text/javascript" ></script>

2 comments:

SONDRA PRICE said...

What a blessing that you have a job you love THAT MUCH!!! :)

Deb Chitwood said...

What a wonderful story! How great that you absolutely love your job! I feel the same way about Montessori and writing. Passions I've had for years - and now have a perfect outlet for!
http://LivingMontessoriNow.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...