Pages

August 13, 2010

Dealing with those WH questions

As I mentioned here, sometimes WH questions rattle around in my head heart:
Why don't I . . . ?
Why can't I . . . ?
When will I . . . ?
Why did I  . . . ?
Why should I . . . ?

WH questions are those which begin with, you guessed it, WH words:
who, what, when, where, why are among them.  Oh, and they throw in how
just to mess with you. 
(Insert sarcastic smiley icon here.  Or not.  Smiley icons are overrated.)

By the way, check here for more info about WH questions.
But I digress.

I get in trouble with those pesky WH ?? when they go off in my heart like WMD's and become complaints.  Or worse, become a mantra for how bad my life is, like yesterday.  But, as I said, grace swooped down and saved me.

Today another WH ? occurred to me:

WHat if God wants to deal with my heart attitude toward those questions?

Maybe He wants my heart to be still long enough to consider His WH ??. 

Him:  WHy don't you come to Me with your concerns, Karen?
me:  Uhhhh...[I cast around for an excuse. . .]

 and before I'm even finished thinking of one,
He brings this to mind:

Matthew 11:28, "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Him:  WHen am I available to you?
me:  Your Word, the Bible, says You are always with me, "...to the very end of the age."  [Matthew 28:20]
Him:  WHat keeps you from living like you really believe that? 
me:  Uhhhh...I forget to, Lord.  
Once again inadequacy takes its familiar place in my heart.
graciously, tenderly, cups my face in His hands,
the ones that made heaven and earth
and me
[and you]
and He reminds me:

"By day the LORD directs His love, at night His song is with me--
a prayer to the God of my life."  Psalm 42:8


He directs His love.  His song accompanies me. 
Day and night.
Always.

Even when I forget.
Just because I am His and He is mine.


Grace be to you, friend.
Love, Karen










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...