Pages

August 12, 2010

Welcome to my blog

This afternoon,  I went out into the sunshine to care for my garden
and my head went to this place: 

Why don't I . . . ?
Why can't I . . . ?
When will I . . . ?
Why did I . . . ?
Why should I . . . ?

But it wasn't really my head.  It was my heart

Then I thought of the blessing of the work before me. 
And my whiny heart went here:

 the place where I live abundantly in Christ.

I GET to do this work!
I have a lovely day to do this work! 
My arms are strong for my tasks!

Bingo.  That last one.  It reminded me of the woman in Proverbs 31.   (Who usually bugs the baloney out of me 'cuz I often feel I can't measure up to her.)  But in a good way. 

It was good because I was at peace, no longer striving with those
self-condemning/me-me-me questions.  They just went PFFFT like a **** in Sunday school.  Did I just write that?!

What I meant was "...just like a breath of cool air at sunset dispels the heat of the day."  Or something poetic like that. 

 I realized that by His grace, Jesus, my Savior, brought to mind the exact verse I needed from His Word and applied it to my heart at the perfect time.  By His grace, I was the woman in Proverbs 31 for that heartbeat of eternity.

My God's unfailing Love, always sees me as precious.  Even when I don't measure up to the P31 chick,  His grace surrounds and uplifts me.  I am, after all, His bought-blood lamb. 

And so are you.

"...her arms are strong for her tasks."  Proverbs 31:17

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and grace to help us in our time of need."  Hebrews 4:16

Grace and peace be to you.
Love, Karen
Now showing in my garden

1 comment:

Jane @ Sweet Basil Kitchen said...

What a lovely and God-honoring blog. I am so glad you stopped by my Sweet Basil Kitchen, so I could find you! Keep writing, you have a sweet gift from God to share with others. I will be back to visit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...