Pages

November 1, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness-Day #1 of Thanksgiving

Been gettin' my "Thanksgiving" on this afternoon. 
When I found the picture above at
Word-Filled Wednesday,
I knew I wanted do what it says:

Give thanks to the LORD
& proclaim His greatness.
1 Chronicles 16:8

Then I came across this wonderful
made by Alison.
You can even download the leaves she Photoshopped for the magnets.

Will I need to get my "craft" on now, too? 
Me?  A crafter?  Not so much these days.

But Alison's Gratitude Tree reminded me that
God wants me to have a thankful heart
no matter what my circumstances are:

Rejoice in the Lord always. 
I will say it again:  Rejoice!
Do not be anxious about anything,
but by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:4, 6-7

Here's the plan, Stan: 
Here's how I will give thanks to the LORD:
Every day in November,
I will write down something specific for which I'm thankful.

Here's how I will proclaim His greatness to the world:
I will post some of those things here.
Who knows?  I may get fired up and post 'em all.

Perhaps you will be inspired to start or add to your own list,
no matter what day of the year it is.

I will also invite my Dear Husband,
our children, and their spouses to do the same.
On Thanksgiving Day,
in my dreams,
 when we are enjoying our feast together,
we will share highlights of our lists with each other.

There's no rule that says you can only start traditions
when you're a child or when your kids are little, right?
I say better late than never.

As I was typing this, my DH came in the den. 
I explained this idea to him and here's what he said:
"I'm so glad I took French class!"

I know!  How random is that?! 
That's something I've always loved about him.
Note to self:  This belongs on my list of things for which I'm thankful. 
Man, I like this "Grateful Groove"!

In an effort to segue from his randomness to my thankfulness
I am supplying this thumbnail sketch of how God brought us together:
We met in French class in the fall of 1971.
He was 23 and I was 19.
He took French to meet a girlfriend.
I took French 'cuz I love languages.

And by God's grace,
here I am,
 39 years later,
still thankful for my husband. 

Won't you join me in cultivating this thankful heart attitude?
Please share what you're thankful for
in my comments section any time this month.

May you know that God's grace is raining down on you today.
Love, Karen

P.S. Please excuse the grainy texture of the photo above!  I'm still getting used to Picasa.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...