Pages

November 14, 2010

Fit Meals Monday-Day #11 of Thanksgiving



 Today I'm thankful for the food in our home
and the means to buy the food that we need,
and often, what we want.
And the joy of making supper for my Dear Husband.
And having plenty of food leftover to take to work for lunch every day.
And for planning delicious meals.

PRETEND YOU'RE HEARING
A REALLY OBNOXIOUS BUZZER NOISE
the kind you hear on a game show when your answer is:

WRONG!!

Until 2 weeks ago, 
I was NOT THANKFUL 
for the opportunity to plan meals.

You see, my DH is not a real adventurous eater.
He doesn't even like butter, for goodness' sake!
He's not big on leftovers either.
Makes meal planning a nightmare.

What happened 2 weeks ago?
so I'm back to planning healthy meals and snacks for each week.
I asked him to look through 1 of my 2 Weight Watchers cookbooks
and write down the page numbers of a few recipes
he was willing to, at least,
TRY.

Well, God love his precious heart,
he did!

Typical of him,
he went
gangbusters,
through BOTH of them,
noting nearly 40 recipes on post-its
which he stuck to the inside of the front covers.

I love that man.

Folks, I have a Game Plan now when it's time to
plan meals and shop for groceries!

If you've been the meal planner and family cook
for any length of time,
you know
this is a really big deal!

All I have to do is
crack open the WW cookbooks,
mark off the ingredients I need on my grocery list
and
go forth and conquer the grocery store!

So here's my healthy food Game Plan for this week:
All of the recipes are from my Weight Watchers Pure Comfort cookbook.

Meatball & Barley Soup/ Green Salad

Rigatoni Bolognese/Green Salad for DH 
Purple & Gold Beets from my garden-DH won't touch 'em with a 10' pole

Ham Bell Pepper Calzones

Italian-Style Clam Chowder/Green Salad-DH
A few brussels sprouts for me
Small slices of whole grain bread, no butter for either of us

Spaghetti alla Carbonara/Green Salad

Today, please join me in checking out this new blog hop
hosted by Annett at FitMomsFitKids.

I really am thankful for planning meals.
'Cuz when I plan our meals and shop for our food, 
that means I get to cook for my DH!

And he just loves comin' home to the smell
of dinner cookin' for him.

I love that man!

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all His benefits...
Psalm 103:2

Grace and peace to you, friend.
Love, Karen

Linkin' up with Laurie @ Women Taking A Stand
for Thankful Thursday


5 comments:

SONDRA PRICE said...

I actually, really enjoy meal planning. It keeps my budget in check! :)

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron

Annett/Fit Moms Fit Kids Club said...

AWESOME!!! CONGRATS! Thanks for joining us as well. I'd love to hear your spaghetti carbonara recipe as that's our favorite dish!! But, I don't have a healthy recipe so we only eat it about 2 times a year. I hope to see you again on the hop next week...God Bless you!

Mama Pike said...

I thought you really enjoyed meal planning until I got to the end of your post. Cute story.

Good luck with Weight Watchers. I have heard many great things about their program.

Hopefully you will let yourself indulge over the holidays.

Julie said...

Meal planning is something I have a terrible problem with. Most of the time I don't mind what we eat but both my men will come home either starved or not and neither of them will tell me until supper is ready. It's hard meal planning. With the daycare menu planning it works wonderful.
You are so blessed to have your husband willing to work with you. Kudo's to your man.
Off to read some more my new friend. Take care and God Bless!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...