Pages

December 13, 2010

Meet Me on Monday

It's time for 
Meet Me on Monday,
the delightful blog hop that Java hosts on
-you guessed it-
Mondays.
Each Monday Java posts 5 questions
and then you write a post which includes 
your answers.
If you'd like to join in you can click on her name, above,
and add yourself to the linky do-dah on her site.
So, without further ado, here are my answers:
1.   How do you order your steak?
I don't order steak, ever.
I like to order seafood.
After all, I live in a place where it's available fresh year round.
I love scallops, seared, with a light garlic sauce:
2.  Are you superstitious about anything?
Nope.
I believe that God, the Creator of the whole universe is running the show 
and His plans for me are for my good.
I do get a kick out of blowing out 
my birthday candles with one breath, though.
Every year it gets a little harder.
3.  Who is your best friend (not including your spouse)?
That's a hard choice.
It would have to be either: 
Chris, whom I've known since we were 6.
We were each other's Maids-of-Honor
and I'm her son's Godmother.
It's been years since we've seen each other, 
but we're having lunch a few days after Christmas
in town we grew up in.
OR
Cheryl, whom I've known since we were 21,
and in college.
We had our babies together, watched them grow up,
graduate from college, and get married.
Even when we don't talk for a long time,
it's easy to connect about our faith in Jesus.
OR
Karen, aka:  the Real Karen.  She calls me Karen too/2.
We've taught Sunday School together, worked on lots of 
Women's Ministry gatherings, been in Bible study together, 
and watched our kids grow up.
Without her help with all 3 of my kids' weddings,
I would have...
Well, I just don't know how I would have got through them
without her!
My DH and I are her granddaughter's Godparents, too.
4. When is the last time you wore a dress (for the guys...a suit)?
If skirts don't count, I'd say it was for my daughter's wedding.
Above, right:  my best friend-the DH.
Doesn't he look handsome?!
5.  Do you have any trips scheduled?
Yes.  
On Christmas Day the DH and I
and all of 3 our kids and spouses
are flying to California 
to share Christmas 
with my Mom & brother,
DH's brother, nieces, and nephews!

Grace and peace to you!
Love,
     

3 comments:

Cintia Listenbee said...

cute! feel like I know you a little bit better!

Helen Pigott said...

Just hopped by to say Hi,
Wishing you a Happy Christmas and fun filled new year
Helen x
www.acraftykindoftruffle.blogspot.com

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Loved reading your answers. How exciting to be coming to California for Christmas. Have a safe flight and a wonderful time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...