Pages

March 12, 2011

4/92, 3/11, ?/??

There is a date next to these verses in my Bible: 4/92.
Upon the sale of their stock brokerage firm, my Dear Husband and his business partner 
were obliged to live in California for several months to assure a smooth transition.
DH was stressed out.  He hated living away from me and our kids. The new owners were difficult.
He was passing through waters up to his nostrils.
I remember crying out to God for him.  
This passage soothed my worries.

I didn't realize then the significance of the word When.
God did not say, If.
I didn't know how many times and the circumstances under which
 I would come back to that passage during the last 20 years.
I don't know what the next years hold either.
I do know this, though:
My Heavenly Father was, is, and always will be there 
to comfort me 
and empower me with His love.

This afternoon, Mom told me she has to stay in the skilled nursing facility
for another week.  She's just not stable on her feet yet.
I heard disappointment, discouragement, confusion, and fear in her voice.
I felt powerless to help her.
Seems like the best I can do is call, listen, and encourage.

Last fall,  Mom, knowing we were going through tough times, 
sent us a card with this verse in it.
It was a reminder of the truth I learned so many moons ago.
The card has resided on the desk next to my computer since then.
Just don't have the heart to throw it away.
It came in handy again today.

If adversity introduces us to ourselves,
it's also an opportunity to draw closer to God.

Thank you, Lord, that You are near us
in the dark valleys as well as the mountain tops of life.
Please give our family eyes to see You in these circumstances.
May our confident hope draw others to You.
Amen!

May you have eyes to see Him this week!
Love,
Linking with

15 comments:

Shawn said...

Amen

Hey Harriet said...

A lovely post. Thanks so much for sharing and for joining in Shadow Shot Sunday :)

Hootin Anni said...

Wonderful Shadow Shot post.

My Shadow Shot Link BOARDWALK along the wildlife refuge

Patti said...

My prayers for you Karen that you get through whatever you are trying to get through with God right by your side! =) You're right..he is always there!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

The difference between if and when are powerful. May the Lord help you during this transition.
God Bless,
Ginger

Nikki (Sarah) said...

yes this to all of what you said Karen...☺ Stay strong....He never fails....

Anonymous said...

Yes, there will always be a "when".
Beautiful verse.

Unknown said...

I love this post... Amen and Amen.
God's promises to us are Yes and AMEN

Karen said...

When we're in over our heads, we have no choice but to go with the flow of the Holy Spirit. Great post!

Julie said...

Lean on the Lord, he has huge shoulders. Whatever is happening, it will be taken care of.
Thanks for the great post. It's good to be reminded of things.
Take care and have a blessed evening.

brenda said...

A favorite favorite verse! And such a beautiful backdrop for it.

Verna Luga said...

refreshing shot.. was here for WW..
VernzDaily

Kim, USA said...

Love your post!!
Watery Wednesday

Charlotte said...

This is so beautiful, Karen. My prayers are with you and your dear mother.
Blessings,
Charlotte

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Such sweet truth, Karen. Thank you for linking up and sharing this post. Praising God that He is with your Mom, even in this waters.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...