Pages

October 3, 2010

Sunday Song: Take My Life And Let It Be...

For Sunday Song I've picked one of my favorite hymns. 

Couldn't resist this one mostly 'cuz   
 it takes me back to when I was a little girl.
I sang it with earnestness.
I really believed Jesus was listening to ME.
And He was thrilled when He heard the sincerity of my heart.

Nowadays, when I look into my heart, sometimes I'm ashamed.
And I let myself stay in that prison.
He doesn't want me to.
But I let it come between us.
The distance grieves Him-and me.

I know Jesus died to take away that guilt and shame.
He gave His life so I could be forgiven and free.

So by Your grace, Jesus,
once again
-for I know You are still listening-
I pray this beautiful hymn:

"Here I am, Lord
all of me.
Take my life;
it's all for Thee."
(New lyrics:  Chris Tomlin; Old lyrics:  Frances Havergal)


                    

Did you pray it, too?

Have a great week everyone!

Love and blessings be yours, my friends,
Karen

Thank you to Natasha over at 5 Minutes Just for Me
for her inspirational Sunday Song posts!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...