Pages

January 10, 2011

For Lori @ Random Ramblings of a Stay At Home Mom



Although I've only been blogging since August,
 I've "met" enough of you to know
that you have hearts as big as all the outdoors
of God's green earth.
I figured that you would want to rally in support of this young woman.

Lori, an under 30 SAHM to 2 small children, has lost her husband. 
You can read about it in her post for today.
In the face of this tragedy, 
the best thing I can think to do at this moment is pray:
Oh, Lori, I'm sitting here in stunned disbellief of what you've just told us-your precious life mate is gone!
So here is the love I leave:
Jesus, gather Lori and her 2 little ones close to Your tender heart. Rock them gently in Your almighty arms. Dry their tears and guide them through this valley of the shadow of death. Send folks across their path who will comfort them with comfort only You can give. And let them be caught up in Your peace that passes understanding. Amen.
It's a God-thing that I even know of her situation.
Yesterday I let myself get sucked into 
the vortex of the internet.
All afternoon.
And evening.
Not proud of that.
As Pioneer Woman says, 
I have the jiggles to prove it.
But God seems to have redeemed that time.

The LORD works out everything for His own ends...Proverbs 16:4

Came across Cate's January 6th post about 
Project 2011 @ Moments of Whimsy
a Thursday meme
that I've decided to participate in this year.
More on that later.

Near the bottom of that post, 
Cate had belatedly linked up with FlogYoBlog Friday 
in support of Lori and asking for prayers
for Lori's husband, Tony.
FYBF was a plea for prayers.

According to Lori,
we, her fellow bloggers, 
are her community for support.
To me, that means 
I have an opportunity to walk alongside
this young woman and her children
with words and actions of Christ-like love.

What can you do?
Please go to her link at the beginning of this post
and leave her some love.
You can also join those of us who have 
donated to Lori
by clicking on 
the Pay Pal "Support Lori" widget 
on my sidebar.
Thank you for your generous hearts!

Oh, Jesus, even though I know and love You,
I'm wondering how Your 
LOVE
will shine forth in Lori's circumstances.
Use me as a vessel of Your love.
Pour me out for Lori's sake,
whatever that means.
Amen.

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalms 34:18

May God's grace, mercy, and peace be upon you today
and always.
Love,
    

1 comment:

Cate said...

Beautifully written Karen.

And such a devastating tragedy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...