Pages

March 20, 2011

Spring Break!

Well, kids, I have the next whole week off from school.
Yup, it's Spring break!
My main project this week will be to make a crib-sized quilt for Daughter #2 and SIL'S first baby, aka,
MY FIRST GRANDBABY!
I mean, how hard can it be?
I always think that when I start a quilt.  
And then it ends up taking at least 5 times as long as I think it will.
Does that ever happen to you?

Anyway, I think I'll use a pile of fat quarters for the top 
and some of that darling monkey fabric for the bottom.
If all goes well, I will even have pictures of at least part of the process.
That's a big if.
The last quilt I made was for Daughter #1's wedding, nearly 8 years ago.
It's like riding a bicycle, right?
How hard can it be?
*quaking in my boots*

Oh, and speaking of projects!
My DH has been refinishing a changing table for them, too.
It's the same one we got nearly 32 years ago.
Wow, that thing has seen a lot of ...
well, you know.
Will post pics of that, too.


I'm linking with a new-to me, at least-blog hop today.
Jen @ What's on my mind is our hostess for
Motivational Mondays Blog Hop
Thanks, Jen, for hosting us.
And now for Meet Me On Monday.
I just love this blog hop cuz I get to visit so many of you.
After reading your MMOM post, I peruse some of your older posts
and will often comment on those rather than the MMOM post.
I'm so impressed by the way you face life, meet challenges, 
and walk with God.
Thank you for sharing lives with me!
And thank you to Java, @ Never Growing Old, for being our faithful hostess!
Click on her link to add your post and join the fun.

Meet Me On Monday
1.  What jewelry do you wear 24/7?
I wear my wedding ring.  Here's the 411 on it:    The first Saturday in May, 1978, was Kentucky Derby Day, about 7 weeks before our wedding.  I remember because DH-fiance at the time-had promised we'd go out shopping for wedding rings that day.  What I didn't know was that we had to watch the Derby first.   Once I finally pried him away from the tv, We went window shopping at several jewelers in our small town. What we saw was too traditional, so we went to the local hippie hangout artisan market.  We met Bob, [this is the truth!] President of the **** County "Make Marijuana Legal" committee, who worked with us to refine our ideas for the rings.  You can see mine here.   We've never seen other rings that even closely resemble ours.  
2.  Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it?
You're kidding, right?
Holy smokes, how does one shovel get it into one's mouth, if one cuts it??
3.  How many siblings do you have?
I have one little brother.  You can find out how I feel about him here.
4.  Were you named after anyone?
No.  My Mom said that because she never liked her nicknames, she named me so that I wouldn't have any.
'Course my baby, the DH, calls me Kitten.  Love that!
5.  Coke or Pepsi?
If I drink pop at all, which is about once every 6 months, it is full-on Coke.
Can't stand the diet stuff.  blechhhhhh!

On another, totally unrelated note:
bakerella-about
www.bakerella.com
Many of you are familiar with Bakerella, inventor/queen of Cake Pops.  
She has been in the hospital and is waiting to find out if her Mom will be a good kidney donor for her.  Please keep her in your prayers.

www.bakerella.com
God bless your week!
Love,

6 comments:

Dominique said...

That's a really unique wedding ring you have. I too twirl my spaghetti.

Jewel said...

Starting any new project always looks overwhelming, but once you get into it, it's gets fun and easy again. And when you're done, you feel great. At least that's, my philosophy of this sort of thing.

I'm visiting you from Meet Me on Monday Blog Hop.

Following, cuz I want to see your projects. :) They both sound awesome. And I like your blog.

Jewel@ http://jewelzfrontporch.blogspot.com

Shawn said...

I love your wedding band..Beeeutiful!
Good luck on the quilt and have a great week off!

jules said...

I make quilts too. I've made many of them but it has been a few years since my last one.

I didn't know about Bakerella, thanks for the info.

Canadianmom said...

Hi there,

Thanks for linking up to "The Motivational Monday Blog Hop" and posting it as well. You're great!

I am gladly following back!

Congratulations on your first grandchild that is coming. My husband and I experienced that last year, with 2 grandsons, and we have a granddaughter coming this summer. I love being a gramma, it's so wonderful. You will love it :)

Take care!

Jen

From:What's On My Mind

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your upcoming 1st Grandchild! That is so exciting. We have one, she's 2 and such a joy.

I LOVE to quilt, too! I'll be sure to stay tuned to see how your's turns out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...